• We are dedicated to making life easier, more interesting and providing assistance to others in need among our members, as well as the surrounding community, in ways which lift the spirit and give a feeling of love to each other.
• We are dedicated to assisting one another through cooperation, respect and strength of spirit, so that everyone feels welcome and their contributions valued.
• The organization welcomes and strives to serve each senior within the Ninilchik Senior Center service area through cooperation and with respect.
• The opinions and expressions of each senior are welcomed and valued.
• The privacy and confidentiality of each senior is respected by Senior Center staff and board members.
• The Senior Center values the desire of each senior to be independent and to make their own decisions.
Board of Directors:
President: Richard (Dick) Hawkins
Vice President: Vi Nordgren
Secretary: Kaye Waldsmith
Treasurer: Sharon Cook
Trustee: Steve Vanek
Trustee: Cheryl Doyle
Trustee: Lynn Harding
Chair: Kathryn Kennedy
Vice Chair: Ronn Lund
Secretary: Diane Wilson
Treasurer: John Nofziger
Trustee: Lenore Jones
Member: Jim Kenshalo
Member: David Clemenson
Executive Director: Julie Otto
Admin Asst./Bookkeeper: Tandy Wallace
Cook: Marti Sue Chapman
Kitchen Asst./Maintenance: Rick Ferguson
NTS Homemaker: Casey Buckwalter
Driver: Mark Brees
Chairman: Julie Otto
Members: Larry Wallace, Kathryn Kennedy
Support and Services:
• Hot Buffet Lunch at the Center
• Meals on Wheels for the Home Bound
• PFD Application Help & Apply Online
• Equipment Loans (crutches, wheelchairs)
• WiFi and public use Computers
• Exercise Room
• Unassisted Transportation Services to Kenai/Soldotna area
• Homemaker Services
• Ride assistance for the Lunch Program
• Help with Senior issues and benefits
• Food Bank Boxes
Referral Numbers :
- Alaska Development Corporation
- Alaska Legal Services Corporation
- Alaska State Ombudsman’s Office
- Alzheimer’s Resource Agency of AK
- Kenai Peninsula Family Caregiver Support Program
- Medicare and Insurance Information
- Nat’l Family Caregiver Support Prog.
- Senior Care Hotline
- Social Security